Platinum Mind Body Fitness will be reopening on Monday, 11th June, 2021.
With the NSW Government announcing the 3-stage roadmap out of lockdown, we can now confirm that we are reopening on Monday, 11 October. It’s been a long wait; we have missed you and could not be more excited to welcome you back to our Club.
As you may already know, the NSW Government announced that there will be new “Freedoms” available for fully vaccinated people from Monday, 11 October; these new “Freedoms” include attending the gym. We understand the sensitivity and complexity of this topic and respect your right to choose. However, we can only reopen in line with the new government guidelines. We have a legal obligation to follow the Public Health orders and guidelines issued by the NSW Government. We also have a duty of care to keep our members safe, which we know you can appreciate.
Here’s what you need to know to get back to the gym:
- From the 11th of October, only fully vaccinated people and those with medical exemptions will be able to enter gyms
- You will be asked to provide evidence of your vaccination to reactivate your access. We will have extended staff hours from 11th October to 16th October to ensure an easy and smooth transition for everyone who is ready to train again. Alternatively, you can email us and we can send you a unique link to upload your vaccination proof to our online portal. A staff member will then verify the document and enable your club access straight away (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social distancing is required based upon the 4 square metre rule and our Group Fitness classes will have a maximum capacity of 20
- You will need to use PLATINUM MIND BODY FITNESS APP to book into a class.
- Masks will be mandatory whilst you are not exercising
- All members will be required to check in using their FOB KEY. All members, guests and visitors will also be required to check-in via the Service NSW QR Code
- Your direct debits will recommence from the 11th of October
- From the 1st of December we can welcome unvaccinated members & guests
- If you are unvaccinated, we are happy to suspend your membership at no cost until 1st of December. Please advise us by emailing your suspension request to email@example.com
- 24/7 access will be available from 6am on 11th of October
- Fitness Passport users can access the facility from 11th of October.
In addition to our already extensive cleaning and hygiene procedures available in the club, we have added the following protocols
- Doubled our scheduled cleans
- Added hand sanitiser stations to every zone in the gym
- Alcohol cleaning wipes on the gym floor and studio for cleaning equipment after exercise
- Lockers will be unavailable to use during the restrictions phase to minimise physical contact
- 50-minute classes to allow cleaning and sanitisation of our studios between classes
- No Towel – No Train policy
- Alternate cardio equipment has been turned off, and certain weights machines are unavailable for use to ensure safety distances are always maintained
- Social distancing and other hygiene reminder signage are displayed throughout the club
- Members will be required to bring their own mats for classes. No mats will be available at the club
- No equipment sharing is allowed to maintain social distancing within our clubs. This means no shared use of equipment in any of our classes
- To maintain safety distance in the change rooms, we ask that you arrive at the gym ready to train.
We are COVID-Safe and have a COVID-Safe plan in place. We take your health and wellbeing seriously. We will continue to monitor and follow the advice from NSW Health to ensure you a safe & enjoyable environment. We look forward to seeing your smiles and get back to doing what we do best. We ask you to please be patient with our Team during the first few weeks of reopening. We will do our best to ensure a smooth transition. We can’t wait to welcome you back! If you have any further questions, please reach out to us. See you soon!